How to organise a service or repair from a qualified garage door opener technician
Merlin’s garage door openers are manufactured with the highest level of quality, so you can be sure that your garage is designed to last. There are a few things you can do to keep your garage in tip-top shape, but if there is an issue with your garage door opener itself, Merlin’s field service technician team is here to help provide service and support at home.
Here are some general maintenance tips and instructions on what to do when your garage door opener isn’t quite working as it should.
What can you do to keep your garage in top condition?
Merlin’s garage door openers have been manufactured with the highest level of safety and security, but it is important to also ensure that you have regular maintenance of your garage door opener.
- Perform a safety reversal test:
1. Place a 40mm high object under the door (like a block of wood).
2. Operate the door so that it comes in contact with the object.
3. Door should bounce back from the object in less than one second (or two seconds, if safety beams are installed).
4. If this does NOT occur, follow the instructions below to contact an authorised garage door opener technician to assess it. You can watch how to perform a safety reversal test here.
- Inspections – homeowners should check all automatic door parts every month to ensure nothing is broken
- Regular maintenance: Merlin’s garage door openers need regular scheduled servicing on the 3rd and 5th year, just like a car! You can schedule a service from your local Merlin dealer at an affordable price. Check your user manual for details of your warranty.
What do you do if your garage door opener isn’t working as it should?
As soon as you notice any changes (including the door not running as smoothly, stopping or bouncing up, grinding or scraping sounds) cease use and follow the instructions below.
If your garage door opener is still under warranty
If your Merlin garage door opener is still under warranty, your first point of contact is your dealer. They will send one of their qualified field service technicians to assess your garage door opener and determine the problem.
If you don’t remember who your dealer was, we may be able to help you locate who your dealer is if you registered your warranty with us. You can contact our Customer Service team on 0800 653 667 for assistance.
If the Merlin Garage Door Opener has a fault, Merlin will send one of our dedicated, in-house garage door technicians to either fix or replace your garage door opener.
If your garage door opener is no longer under warranty
If your garage door opener appears to have a fault and the warranty period has expired, Merlin can help you find a dealer near you to assess the garage door opener. Simply call our customer service team on 1800 638 234 and they will confirm your nearest dealer.
Our dealer network is the best in the business and will be sure to provide you with the best service to keep your garage door opener in top condition.
If you need a new accessory
Merlin’s range of premium garage door openers and accessories are available to purchase from our network of Merlin dealers. You can contact us on 0800 653 667 and we will put you in touch with your local dealer. You can also purchase accessories directly from Merlin by contacting us on 0800 653 667 or enquire via our website
If you don’t know what type of garage door opener you have
If you’re not sure what type of garage door you have and it is not working as it should, the team at Merlin are happy to help! For more information about Merlin’s services, products or accessories, visit our website or call on 0800 653 667.