Chamberlain ANZ and Privacy
This information explains how we comply with privacy requirements of Australia and New Zealand. This information may be updated from time to time.
Chamberlain ANZ is a leading provider across Australia & New Zealand of easy to install “Do it Yourself” garage door openers (Chamberlain, Liftmaster and Merlin branded products) and is also Australia’s largest manufacturer of commercial door openers (Grifco branded products). Chamberlain is committed to quality products, innovative designs and comprehensive services, which exceed our customer’s expectations.
Chamberlain ANZ’s system for complying with Australian and NZ privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on your involvement with Chamberlain ANZ, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about your circumstances and preferences. Where we do not have your personal information, we are not able to contact you or deal with your requests.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it, such as when you contact us with a query about our products, order our products, enter a promotion or competition or participate at our websites or social media.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties, publicly available sources or social networking services to enable us to contact you and offer our products and services to you, and in doing so we comply with all requirements, including providing a facility to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to contact. Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to process your order, deal with your requests or contact you.
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our products and services to better suit our customers and potential customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your personal information
We use your personal information for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to confirm your identity;
- to respond to and process your requests such as for information, product, including managing your on line accounts with us and providing warranty service where this applies to products;
- to provide you with information about our products and assist in developing new products;
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products including new products that we have not offered before but we believe may be of interest to you (and if we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt out);
- to administer promotional programmes, such as sweepstakes, competitions, rewards and rebate programmes;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products or offers;
- to improve our website, social media channels and our products and services to you and/or to our customers;
- to manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to amend records to remove personal information;
- sometimes, for product safety and product recalls;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information, including carrying out activities such as personnel training.
If we use your personal information to contact you and you would prefer us not to, or if you indicate a preference for a method of communication, please let us know and we will do our best to respect your preference.
When your choice is to continue to deal with us, we take it that you agree to and consent to us using your personal information in these ways, providing we follow the system and approach we explain in this information and comply with the law.
Storing and disclosing your personal information
In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on your personal information:
- to others, like our agents, contractors, dealers and service providers, who help us to provide services to you;
- to other parts of our wider company, the worldwide Chamberlain group;
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
Overseas countries where your data may be stored include the United States (as the Chamberlain group is headquartered in Illinois, United States), Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, the Benelux, Southern and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Central and South America, Singapore and China.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
We do our best to keep our records of your personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes. We take steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
While we take steps to protect your personal information when you send it to us, you should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. If you provide any personal information to us via our online services (including email), or if we provide information to you by these means, the privacy, security and integrity of any data transfer over the internet cannot be guaranteed. When you share information with us, it is at your own risk. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us (see below).
Contact with Chamberlain ANZ about your personal information
You may wish to contact Chamberlain ANZ to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our contact details for Chamberlain ANZ are set out below.
PO Box 1446
Lane Cove NSW 1595
Phone: +61 2 9424 2600
Attention: Privacy Officer
We will respond as soon as we reasonably can including, in the case of access and correction requests, if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold or use the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
Last updated: March 2018