Features of Commander myQ
- Monitor and control away from home: myQ technology allows you to monitor and control your garage door away from home
- Receive alerts and notifications: Receive alerts and notifications for complete peace of mind knowing you are in control away from home
- myQ Scheduling: With myQ scheduling you can select specific close times for your garage door
- myQ Touch ID: myQ Touch ID removes the need to input your 4 digit security code to access your Merlin myQ app
1. What is myQ Technology?
myQ is Merlin’s Internet Activation and Monitoring Protocol for garage door systems. With this technology, a smartphone, tablet or computer can be used to monitor and control your garage door opener from anywhere in the world.
2. Can I connect a myQ opener directly to my phone or computer?
No. You must use a myQ Internet Gateway connected to a home router. The router must have a continuously active internet connection (also known as broadband internet). A dial-up connection is not acceptable.
3. What are the necessary items required to establish a residential myQ system?
The Merlin myQ installation kit includes:
- The Merlin myQ enabled Garage Door Opener kit with Infrared safety beams.
- The internet Gateway Kit with power pack and cables.
The homeowner requires:
- A home router with continuous Ethernet connection port.
- Computer or smart Iphone to activate the opener.
4. Can any other device be controlled with the myQ Internet Gateway?
No, only Merlin Garage door openers, specifically manufactured with myQ Technology.
5. How do I connect to the internet?
Follow the steps in the Merlin Commander MyQ QUICK START GUIDE or SilentDrive Elite MyQ QUICK START GUIDE (supplied with the opener) to create an account and download the free App. The Merlin MyQ apps are available from your smartphone app store. Apple – go to Apple App Store or Google Play; Android – go to the Android Market.
TIPS FOR myQ SYSTEM
To receive Push Notifications from your garage door, ensure the Notifications are activated in the Iphone Settings menu.
To receive Event History information, the Alert option in the myQ App must be active.
When using the phone App, limit the Alert Name to 14 digits, otherwise all the history message will not appear.
Refreshing the App occasionally by logging out and logging back in with the password, will ensure the latest upgrades have been added.
In the garage, keep the IR Beam area clear to avoid accidentally blocking the safety beam system and creating a false alert.
! CLOSE ERROR appearing on the myQ App indicates an object is in the path of the door. Closing the door with your iPhone and remotes will not be possible until the object is removed.
If you are having issues with your internet service, you are still able to OPEN and CLOSE your garage door locally, with the remote controls.
Solid Green Led on the Gateway indicates it has connected to the internet.
Solid Blue Led on the Gateway indicates it has paired to at least one garage door opener.
One Gateway module can pair with up to 16 garage door openers, provided they are located at the same site and within radio range.