Welcome to the Merlin Garage Safety Hub. Here you will find articles and resources to help keep you and your family safe in the garage and driveway.
In New Zealand, garage and driveway injuries are on the rise. In 2021, 1,370 driveway accidents and 1,094 garage-related accidents resulted in hospitalisations. 212 of these injuries were in children under 16.
This is a 24% increase in driveway accidents and 15% rise in garage-related incidents since 2016! At Merlin, we want every family to be confident that their kids, pets and belongings are safe moving in and around the garage.
Below you will find links to articles and resources to help keep you and your family safe in the garage and driveway.
- The most common safety hazards in your garage (and how to help prevent them)
- Greg Murphy’s Top Tips for a Safe Road Trip
- Keep your home and family safe with myQ
- Safety 101: Everything you need to know about garage door safety
- Tips for keeping kids safe around the house these school holidays
- Top garage door safety tips
- How to keep your home and family safe with smart-tech: Merlin’s Grant Emanuel shares his top tips
- How to safely enter and exit your garage during blackouts this summer
- The garage safety chat every family should have this summer